Monday 7 July 2014

The uncrushable dress












Photo by | Sartaj Tanweer Photography |
Wearing | Crop top & Skirt, by Thanreila Raising | Shoes : Ginger | Clutch Bag : Accessorize | Necklace : Accessorise and Claire | 


Matching crop top and its a mid-length skirt, why should you be wearing it ? the reasons may be various but who doesn't love a classic and timeless piece. I also love the fashion trend of  Spring/Summer 2012 collections - bare midriff, It gives you that sensuous appeal in the look.

This dress has been designed by one of the upcoming designer Thanreila Raising, who hailed from the same state as me Manipur (feeling really proud), she belongs to Tangkhul Nagas community, when asked about her designing skills here is what she had to say,

"Designing for me is about patience, innovation and happiness.  It allows me the freedom to express my fertile creativity and inner most fantasies into real world experiences through fashion.  I feel the greatest sense of achievement when I create something new that was inspired through what I observe in life around me.   That is why all my designs have an inspirational story behind them.

I love experimenting with new looks using different colors and textures, and combining them with unusual fabrics.  I love taking risks.  It's what keeps me excited about my work.   It is important to me to make my designs look elegant, sexy and glamorous, but at the same time easy to wear.  It's also important to me that my custom designs feel comfortable, whilst also instilling a sense of confidence in the wearer.  I want my clients to not only look good, but to also love themselves in my creations.

My journey is just beginning and I am looking forward to exploring myself as a person as well as a designer in the world of high fashion.  I am excited about learning, improving and growing in this industry.  With the grace of god, my ambition is to become recognized as a leading fashion designer at an international level. "

I was really impressed by her designs, and her level of professionalism.

Thanks for reading,
Love,
DOC - Gia 




No comments: